Eating whole, nutritious foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and higher-quality meats can help reduce some menopausal symptoms. Lowering the amount of sugar, spicy foods, sodium, or processed carbohydrates can also be beneficial.
Hormone replacement therapy(HRT) is an effective way to manage many of these issues, and for those in the Orlando FL area, there are many reputable HRT Clinics, such as the HRT Clinic in Orlando FL, available. Making lifestyle changes is the key to achieving optimal health and wellbeing. A recent study suggested that while stopping hormone therapy may increase certain risk factors for heart disease, lifestyle changes can help counteract this effect. Women can combat the heart-endangering consequences of menopause if they make positive lifestyle changes such as losing weight, exercising more, and eating healthier.
These changes may be especially beneficial for those who have stopped taking hormone replacement therapy. Making lifestyle changes during HRT can be a challenge, but it is possible with the right approach. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start by setting realistic goals. Aim to make small changes that you can stick to over time.
- Make sure to get enough sleep.
Sleep deprivation can worsen menopausal symptoms.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed foods and sugary snacks.
- Exercise regularly. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity each day.
- Manage stress levels with relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation.
- Talk to your doctor about any supplements or medications that may help you manage your symptoms.
With the right approach, you can make positive changes that will last a lifetime.